The Complex has one of the most advanced anodizing lines in Iran. The anodizing line includes a new generation of rectifiers along with anodizing and color transformers, modern transfer equipment using the latest fittings and raw materials. In this unit, 18 anodizing color spectra were implemented. Some of them are exclusive to this Complex.
Many metals tend to oxidize, and a relatively stable layer of oxide is formed on them. In certain circumstances, this oxide layer is protective, preventing the metal surface from corrosion. In practice, the oxide or hydroxide layer on the metal is reinforced or creates this layer because of such feature. This type of surface treatment is called oxide or conversion coating.
The oxide layer on the metals can be created through:
- Chemical Method: Absorption of a metal or metal oxide on the surface will create a stable layer such as chromating.
- Anodic or Electrochemical Method: In this method, a dense metal oxide is formed under controlled conditions or will be compacted and impervious through the next operations such as aluminum anodizing.
Anodizing is an electrochemical process to thicken oxide layers on active metals such as aluminum. The anodic layer is used for different purposes from windows and doors to industrial and aerospace equipment.
Like other coating processes, anodizing operation includes various steps of surface preparation. These steps are summarized as follows:
- Degreasing and cleaning with solvents or alkalis
- Stripping or etching with soda solution resulting in a matte surface.
- Anodizing to create an oxide coating on the aluminum surface by an electric current in a bath of sulfuric acid.
- Electrocoloring: coloring the porous surface by inorganic metal salts using an electric current
- Sealing: at this stage, the holes in the porous film are hydrated (aluminum oxide hydrate/bohemite, Al2O3.H2O) and filled.
Technical Specifications of the Anodizing Unit
- The use of modern fittings to reduce profile wastes after anodizing process.
- Etching using corrosion reducers to reach Din.17611 e6 Surface Quality Standard
- Electrocoloring system
- Resistant to sunlight
- Highest stability against adverse weather conditions
- Anodizing thickness of 30 µ and full sealing using raw materials supplied from European countries according to ISO 2143- ISO 3210- QULANOD standards
- Packaging with automatic machines using proper gaskets between the profiles
- Product quality control during production
Our core activities and business began in 1981 with the anodizing unit. After the relocation and transfer of production facilities and factories to Salariyeh Indutrial Estate in 2001, the anodizing line was improved with a new line taking advantage of modern European electrical and control equipment. The new line with an annual capacity of 2,500 tons is capable of anodizing to a thickness of 20 µ in addition to color anodizing of 9 RAL colors. Among 9 RAL colors, 2 color samples were exclusively produced in this Complex, and none of our domestic competitors were able to produce them. We are a pioneer in the use of cold sealing after anodizing to increase the stability and longevity of the high quality surface against atmospheric factors.
In this unit, all steps of operations were controlled according to international standards (DIN - ASTM - ISO). The reports were prepared and maintained as quality documentation to offer the customers.